Zen Supplements Milk Thistle, 175 mg Featuring European Milk Thistle extract standardized to 80% Silymarin (140 mg per capsule) with Turmeric and Artichoke Extracts.
The liver is the body’s main organ of detoxification. In a two-phase process the liver is able to detoxify toxic substances making them more water-soluble, therefore easier to excrete. Milk thistle helps protect the liver from potential damage caused by toxic substances.† By acting at the cell membrane of hepatocytes (liver cells), milk thistle helps prevent toxins from entering the cell and causing damage to healthy liver cells.† The active ingredient silymarin is effective at protecting the liver from acute and chronic exposure to toxins.† It also helps support the liver’s antioxidant defenses, as this organ is consistently exposed to a variety of damaging free radicals.†
- European standardized Milk Thistle extract
- Standardized to 80% Silymarin providing 140mg per capsule.
- Added standardized turmeric and artichoke for synergistic liver support.
- Helps support normal, healthy liver detoxification. The liver being the major organ of detoxification requires support to help detoxify harmful substances preparing them for excretion.†
- Milk Thistle helps protect overall liver function. The liver is involved in so many important functions i.e. glucose metabolism, vitamin storage, cholesterol and bile production, vitamin D synthesis, that any damage to the liver caused by toxic substances can impair many important biochemical and physiological functions.†
- Standardized turmeric extract is included for its synergistic effects. Studies show that the active curcuminoids in turmeric help protect the liver from free radical damage and support liver detoxification processes.† Turmeric encourages a healthy inflammatory response, which helps protect healthy liver cells from damage.†
- Standardized artichoke extract has been shown to help provide support to the liver and gall bladder. By supporting healthy bile production in the liver and the normal flow of bile from the liver to the gall bladder, artichoke helps encourage the removal of toxins processed by the liver.†