Zen Supplements 50mg Zinc
Zinc helps the immune system fight off invading bacteria and viruses, to make proteins and DNA, helps wounds heal and is important for proper senses of taste and smell. It is used for treatment and prevention of zinc deficiency which includes stunted growth and acute diarrhea in children, and slow wound healing.†
Zinc is a trace mineral that is essential to many biological functions. These include immune resistance, digestion, reproduction, physical growth, blood sugar/insulin control, taste and smell. It is important for the function of over 100 special proteins known as enzymes, which are needed to speed up chemical reactions in the body. Chelated Zinc is a special mineral form that is better absorbed by the digestive tract. Chelation refers to a unique molecular mineral bond that is formed when amino acids are attached to a mineral to speed its transport across the intestinal tract. Our Amino Acid Chelated Zinc 50mg is formulated for optimal absorption to help support the wellbeing of the body.
- Natural amino acid chelation: for improved absorption
- No artificial flavors or colorings
- No artificial sweeteners
- Gluten free
- The body needs zinc to make DNA, RNA, insulin, dozens of enzymatic reactions, and to facilitate immune response and cellular repair and renewal. Chelated zinc may be vitally important for healthy skin, connective tissue and normal prostate function.*
- An amino acid-mineral combination will withstand the stomach acid in intact form. This makes it much easier to absorb minerals. Combinations of minerals with other substances like carbonates, sulfates, or chlorides do not stand up to the acid in the stomach. The bonds break apart and the minerals are poorly absorbed. Testing suggests that the chelated minerals are absorbed two to six times better than non-chelated minerals.*
- When minerals are bound to amino acid chelates, they are carried along through the stomach and small intestine wall, where vitamins and minerals are absorbed through the bloodstream.*
- *These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.