Zen Supplements Zinc Lozenges providing 15mg of the essential mineral zinc in every pleasant-tasting lozenge.
Zinc is an essential mineral that plays a major role in growth, reproduction, antioxidant defenses, and healthy immune function. Zinc is a critical nutrient for the immune system. The normal, healthy development of immune cells, particularly T-lymphocytes depends upon adequate zinc status. Zinc deficiency has been shown to reduce the physical size of the thymus gland; it is here where T cells mature to become fully functional mature T-lymphocytes. These cells are critical for a healthy immune response. Provided as a lozenge, zinc gluconate has been shown to reduce the severity and duration of the common cold, as well as reduce antibiotic use in school-age children with a cold.†
- Provides 15 mg of zinc citrate and gluconate per lozenge.
- Contains slippery elm and propolis to soothe the throat.
- Pleasant taste from natural lemon flavor and sorbitol.
- Helps support normal, healthy immune function.†
- Provides antioxidant support which is essential to immune function.†
- Studies show a reduction in the severity and duration of the common cold.†
- Studies also show that prophylactic (preventive) use may reduce the number of colds per year, as well as reduce antibiotic usage.†
- Slippery elm is a mucilaginous herb that provides soothing support for the mucus lining of the throat and esophagus, both of which may become irritated during a cold/infection.†