Zen Supplements Buffered C, 1,000 mg with Bioflavinoids & Calcium Ascorbate
Vitamin C is an essential water-soluble vitamin with many important functions in the body. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is an important cofactor for the production and stability of collagen. The stability and strength of connective tissue, blood vessels, etc. depend upon vitamin C. The body’s ability to manufacture neurotransmitters as well as L-carnitine (required for fat metabolism) depends upon optimal intake of vitamin C. In addition to its role in manufacturing important biological compounds, vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant and helps support normal, healthy immune function. Rose hips, in addition to being an excellent source of vitamin C, contain a wide range of beneficial phytochemicals including polyphenols such as anthocyanins as well as beta-carotene, lycopene and lutein. These biologically-active compounds provide a synergistic affect, helping to provide structural and functional support to major body systems including the cardiovascular, immune and neurological systems.*
• High potency vitamin C including 1000 mg.
• Available in both a regular and sustained release tablet.
• Offers the synergistic benefits of naturally-occurring compounds found in rose hips.
• Vitamin C is essential for the synthesis and stability of collagen, the underlying structure of bone, skin, ligaments, tendons, blood vessels and other body tissue.
• Vitamin C is an essential cofactor for the manufacturing of neurotransmitters such as serotonin and epinephrine, essential for the normal, healthy functioning of the nervous system.*
• The transport of fatty acids into the mitochondria of the cell where they are used to make energy (ATP) requires L-carnitine which cannot be manufactured without vitamin C.
• Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant helping to neutralize peroxyl and hydroxyl free radicals as well as regenerating the antioxidants vitamin E and glutathione back to their reduced forms (form in which they serve as antioxidants).*
• Vitamin C helps to limit the production of nitrosamines from nitrites found in foods such as hot dogs, bacon and cold cuts. Nitrosamines have been shown to be potentially harmful to the body.*
• Vitamin C is essential for a healthy immune system. Histamine is secreted by the body in response to allergens and infections. Vitamin C has been shown to help support normal, healthy levels of histamine. In addition, vitamin C supports healthy levels of interferon and normal, healthy white blood cell activity; both critical to healthy immune function.*
*These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.