Alpha Lipoic Acid - 120 Vegcaps
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a part of coenzymes and involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. ALA, called the “universal antioxidant,” is soluble in both water and fat, therefore able to work in various parts of the body.*
As an antioxidant, it is able to scavenge a variety of free radicals including the highly reactive hydroxyl radical and singlet oxygen.* ALA also has the ability to extend the activity of vitamin C and vitamin E as well as regenerate the powerful antioxidants CoQ10 and glutathione.*
Studies show ALA is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect healthy cell function.* Scientific studies show alpha lipoic acid helps support glucose metabolism, as well as normal, healthy liver function.*
Features of Alpha Lipoic Acid
• ALA provides a 50/50 mixture of R&S forms of lipoic acid.
• Some companies carry a pure R form and claim it is a more powerful antioxidant and has more biological activity. Most of the research on ALA has been done using the 50/50 racemic mixture.
Benefits of This Product
• ALA is a powerful water and fat soluble antioxidant.*
• ALA is found in every cell of the body and plays an indispensable role in creating energy as ATP.*
• It supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.*
• Studies show alpha lipoic acid is essential for supporting normal, healthy blood sugar levels and healthy insulin function.*
• ALA has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants in the body particularly vitamins C & E, CoQ10 and glutathione.*
• Shown in numerous studies to help support normal, healthy nerve function
• Been shown to help provide support for normal, healthy liver function.*
*The Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.