Alpha Lipoic Acid - 60 Vegcaps
Alpha lipoic acid (ALA) is a part of coenzymes and involved in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins. ALA, called the “universal antioxidant,” is soluble in both water and fat, therefore able to work in various parts of the body.*
As an antioxidant, it is able to scavenge a variety of free radicals including the highly reactive hydroxyl radical and singlet oxygen.* ALA also has the ability to extend the activity of vitamin C and vitamin E as well as regenerate the powerful antioxidants CoQ10 and glutathione.*
Studies show ALA is a powerful antioxidant that can help protect healthy cell function.* Scientific studies show alpha lipoic acid helps support glucose metabolism, as well as normal, healthy liver function.*
Features of Alpha Lipoic Acid
• ALA provides a 50/50 mixture of R&S forms of lipoic acid.
• Some companies carry a pure R form and claim it is a more powerful antioxidant and has more biological activity. Most of the research on ALA has been done using the 50/50 racemic mixture.
Benefits of This Product
• ALA is a powerful water and fat soluble antioxidant.*
• ALA is found in every cell of the body and plays an indispensable role in creating energy as ATP.*
• It supports the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.*
• Studies show alpha lipoic acid is essential for supporting normal, healthy blood sugar levels and healthy insulin function.*
• ALA has the ability to regenerate other antioxidants in the body particularly vitamins C & E, CoQ10 and glutathione.*
• Shown in numerous studies to help support normal, healthy nerve function
• Been shown to help provide support for normal, healthy liver function.*
*The Food and Drug Administration have not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.
Comprehensive multivitamin-mineral formula in a convenient one capsule per day dosage.
Contains value-added & trademarked ingredients
800 mcg of folic acid.
Iron-free, which is appropriate for most healthy adults.
Easy to swallow capsule.
MULTIVITAMIN AND MINERAL/ONE TABLET A DAY: Daily Vitamins tablets are formulated to provide a broad range of nutrition and help bridge the nutrient gap in your daily diet.
WITH LUTEIN AND LYCOPENE: Has 500 mcg of lutein from marigold flower extract and 500 mcg of lycopene from natural tomato extract per serving.
10 mg L-OptiZinc® zinc
100 mcg ChromeMate® chromium
500 mcg FloraGLO® lutein
500 mcg Lyc-O-Mato® lycopene
1 mg CoQ10
Vegan/Vegetarian, Non-GMO, Kosher, Halal, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Made without Gluten, Nut Free
As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) capsule daily with a meal, or as directed by a health care professional. Store in a cool, dry place and away from direct light.
†These statements have not been evaluated by The Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
California Proposition 65 WARNING: Consuming this product can expose you to chemicals including lead which is known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/food.